Out and About: Early Season ISU Baseball Travel

Let's face it, I'm terrible at blogging consistently. I am persistent, however, and am going to strike with some shorter, less in-depth posts (come on, quit laughing, there was at least a little depth to the previous posts), starting with some photos from life on the road with Illinois State Baseball. It's a hodgepodge to start, but hopefully they'll have a theme in the future. Enjoy.


March 1, 2010 - Auburndale, Fla.


No doubt I reached the pinnacle of broadcast excellence in this "press box" at Lake Myrtle Park in Auburndale, Fla. Thanks to Larry Lyons, ISU Senior Associate Athletics Director, for finding me a chair to sit on...and paying my cell phone minutes overages. Fittingly, a crew of inmates served as the field crew at this facility.


March 6, 2010 - Nashville, Tenn.


For every Auburndale press box, there's a dynamite place to eat on the road that makes it all worthwhile. I discovered Five Guys in Tampa, Fla., while traveling with softball last spring and got to relive the glory in Nashville, Tenn. last weekend. Thanks to my bro-in-law, Scotty, for picking up dinner via the Christmas gift card.


March 8, 2010 - Gainesville, Fla.


Walked into Griffin Stadium in Gainesville, Fla., earlier today, the first time I've been inside an SEC football stadium (I didn't actually see the playing surface last weekend at Vandy so that doesn't count). I'm impressed Florida. You could park 12 tractor-trailers in that press box. All I could think about was Urban Meyer sitting in our media relations office years ago when he was an assistant football coach with the Redbirds. "From here, anywhere." I sense a poster going up when I get back.

By the way, Toshi and I look like freaks wearing short sleeves around town. Everyone else has jackets or sweaters on. Tosh looks especially out of place with his tank top. Truly a different planet, and proof we live in Antarctica.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to check out that Five Guys place, where all can you find them? I didn't know Urban Meyer had been with the Redbirds, very interesting. Keep it going pal, I've enjoyed the "in-depth" and "less in-depth" posts and I'm certainly not very consistent in this blogging thing either.