Translate that Beard - 2 (6.23.09)


I just got a message from a buddy and he's in for $50...that brings us to the halfway point of the project and to a whopping $275. That's a pretty good chunk of change for one week's work. I'm still waiting on the three who said they'd contribute, but haven't told me how much they're in for. I'm excited by the progress, and you should be too. Thanks so much.

Here's the original post...it's getting lost in the blog log:
Jordan Nisly (my buddy) and his wife Nikki (super cool lady) are raising support to go to the Philippines for three years, where they will teach in a Bible college and do other missionary stuff. My wife and I will eventually start supporting Nikki and Jordan with a check on a monthly basis, but I thought it'd be cool if a bunch of us got together and purchased the Rosetta Stone Filipino language software so he can shock the country with something other than that sick beard of his.


The software retails for about $550 (not cheap) so you can see where my desire and reality don't exactly match up without a business partner...or 12. I'm going to see if I can get a gang together - hopefully you're interested. If the price drops or extra is raised, the plan is to forward the remaining balance to the Nislys for their future expenses. Here's their official site:
http://makeyourmarkinmanila.com/.

0 comments: